The last time I'd been in the UK, three years ago, my travels culminated with cold, fog, and ice. We had a few rare sunny days, but jackets and umbrellas were more of the norm. In celebration of the unusually warm, sunshine-filled summer the UK is having this year, I present a few photos of perhaps my favorite element of this milder time of year, the incredible flowers from the English gardens:
Friday, August 2, 2013
In Celebration of English Horticulture
"Do spend some time in Oxford and the UK over the summer. Then you'll see why people actually live there." That's what another Rhodes scholar told me earlier this summer. An email from the registrar of Rhodes House lauded the gloriousness of the gardens this time of year. A good friend of mine currently studying in the UK wrote to me of the various flowers and plants in bloom. Curious, I disembarked from my flight in Heathrow last week, wondering -- what is with this English summer?
The last time I'd been in the UK, three years ago, my travels culminated with cold, fog, and ice. We had a few rare sunny days, but jackets and umbrellas were more of the norm. In celebration of the unusually warm, sunshine-filled summer the UK is having this year, I present a few photos of perhaps my favorite element of this milder time of year, the incredible flowers from the English gardens:
The last time I'd been in the UK, three years ago, my travels culminated with cold, fog, and ice. We had a few rare sunny days, but jackets and umbrellas were more of the norm. In celebration of the unusually warm, sunshine-filled summer the UK is having this year, I present a few photos of perhaps my favorite element of this milder time of year, the incredible flowers from the English gardens:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment