The title of this post says it all. How beautiful London is on a sunny spring day the first weekend of May, when the skies are blue and the grass in the parks is a blinding verdant green (I knew all that rain was good for something), and people come out and stroll and lie on picnic blankets and, yes, play cricket. The dogs run back and forth after balls and many varieties of ducks and geese dart through the waters. Elsewhere in London, the crowds take off their coats and break out their sunglasses on the streets and stand outside of restaurants and pubs having a drink and soaking up all the Vitamin D they can. Perhaps because of the months of bad weather that precede it, I think there is nothing quite like a bright and sunny day in this green land. The entire city seems to rejoice and open up into an alternate version of itself.
.JPG)
I headed to London this past weekend to spend some time with my friend Reagan, who has just returned from the US and a pretty long recovery following the car accident in France in January. It was wonderful to see her again and welcome her back to the UK! We visited Regent's Park, walked around, ate ice cream and drank tea, ate, and chatted with a few of her friends at her flat. All in all, a very cheerful weekend, and most gratifying after the last few months.
This week I've got a full plate leading up to the Rhodes Ball going on this coming weekend in Oxford, for which I'm on the planning committee. Schoolwork has got to happen in there somewhere, but spirits are high and the social calendar is busy as Oxford's Trinity term rolls into spring. Fingers crossed it will be just as beautiful that day as it was this past weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment