Friday, June 6, 2014

Punting!

What better way to celebrate a beautiful, warm, sunny summer day in Oxford than to go punting?




Funny story: some friends and I went punting another day two weeks ago, when the weather was decidedly NOT as cooperative and it poured on us starting soon after we got in the boat. We wound up pretty soaked, and today some of us decided to reverse our luck at last. Mind you, I am rather terrible at punting, but I did finally (sort of) get the hang of it after a long, long time of making the punt go in circles and run into trees... It was lovely to sit out on the boat in the warm sun drinking wine and watching the ducks and geese swim by. I have decided, if there is one otherwise useless skill I plan to have by the time I leave Oxford, it will be punting!



No comments:

Post a Comment